Youth Grades 1-8
Guidelines for the process of preparation for First Reconciliation & Holy Eucharist
- Eucharist 1 is first-year children will focus on the foundational catechism of the Catholic faith as they prepare for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Eucharist 2 is second-year children will prepare for and receive the sacrament of First Holy Communion. They will learn about the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist and transubstantiation.
- Classes are led by a faith-filled Catechist and are separated by grade level.
- The process is 2 years for school-age children. Children can begin their formation in the 1st grade.
- We will offer a hybrid session this year – In-person classes or Family Catechesis online sessions
- Reconciliación (Eucarístia1) el primer año, es para niños que vienen por primera vez, para aprender los fundamentos del Catecismo de nuestra Fe Católica al estar preparándose para el Sacramento de la Reconciliación (Confesión).
- Eucarístia 2 (Comunión) es para los alumnos que vienen a su segundo año a preparase para recibir por primera vez el Sacramento de la Sagrada Comunión.
- Las Clases estarán dirigidas por Catequistas y los niños separado por grados de la escuela.
- El proceso es de 2 años para niños en edad escolar. Comienzan su formación en el primer grado de la escuela.
High School Grades 9-12
The high school Confirmation program is a two-year process with the goal of fostering and developing the faith life of the youth of St. Pius V church and confirming them in the Spirit to be mature adults in the Catholic faith. Throughout this journey, teens will be able to personalize their faith by engaging in discussions on life, faith, and Jesus Christ. This is a journey that teens will not walk alone. St. Pius V Church is committed to engaging the entire family in the sacramental preparation process. During these two years, teens will be accompanied by their parents, family, sponsors, godparents, friends, and the greater parish community. This isn’t simply a Confirmation class; it is our hope that teens will grow and connect with the support of the community that surrounds them.
Procedure for Registration
- Registration will be accepted only online at this time. If you wish to register by mail, please download and print the registration form and mail it along with a copy of the baptismal certificate and the tuition fee.
- We require a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate.
- Children seven years and older who wish to receive the sacrament of Reconciliation & First Holy Communion must complete a 2-year Religious Education program through Faith Formation.
- Confirmation preparation 9-12 grade This 2-year program.
- Registration Fees are as follows:
- Eucharist 1 (first year) $75.00
- Eucharist 2 (second year) $100.00
- Confirmation 1 (first year) $150.00
- Confirmation 2 (second year) $220.00
Registration is NOW OPEN 2021-2022
"My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples."
Monday - Friday: 10am - 8:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 3pm
Closed for lunch: 1pm - 1:30pm
St. Pius V Catholic Church
7691 Orangethorpe Ave
Buena Park, CA 90621